EGALE's aim is to promote and share the humanist and secular values of the French Republic and its motto: "Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité".
- EGALE is accredited to the European Union and participates in dialogue meetings with the European Commission and Parliament (art 17 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the EU).
- EGALE supported the Baby-Loup crèche in its fight for the association's employees to respect neutrality, and worked to ensure that employment legislation allowed companies to impose neutrality in their internal rules, if they deemed it necessary to ensure their proper functioning.
- EGALE is a member of the National Secular Collective and the European Secular Network.
- EGALE designs and runs training courses, conferences, meetings and colloquia on secularism
- EGALE is chaired by Françoise Laborde, former Senator and Vice-Chair of the Senate Committee on Women's Rights.